Five of the best leadership tips
A good boss knows how to involve staff in team efforts, pays attention to details and standards and is able to delegate responsibility to others.
Be a Good Boss
1. Make sure your staff always understand clearly what is expected of them
Job specifications and instructions should be given in writing.
2. Your staff must have guidance in their work and know who to go to for advice
(They should have only one boss.)
3. Praise publicly and criticise privately
Good work should be praised or rewarded publicly. Poor work should be constructively criticised privately.
4. Encourage your people to improve themselves
Give them opportunities to show they can accept greater responsibilities.
Challenge them with worthwhile tasks.
5. Make sure your people work in a safe and healthy environment
“The art of being a good boss is to get your people to do what you want done, because they want to do it. “